Our brand-new infographic reveals just how much Santa’s workshops would cost to run, including just how many elves he would need to build toys for all the children in the world, how much it would cost to employ these elves should they be paid the living wage and how far he would need to travel on Christmas Eve.
Christmas can be an expensive time for everyone, but no one has truly taken into consideration how much it costs the main man himself – Santa. We have created a new infographic that demonstrates just how expensive the festive celebration is for Santa.
‘The Cost of Santa’s Workshop’, which also reveals how many calories Santa would consume in cookies and how many gallons of milk he’ll drink.
Research found in the infographic includes:
- Santa would need 296,443 elves all together if they were to make 4 toys an hour
- It would cost him £5.4 billion to employ the elves if he was to pay them minimum wage
- Santa would need 980 acres of land to build his workshop on in order to make all the toys
- He would consume 6 billion calories if every child in the world left him one cookie
- He would also drink 3 million gallons of milk
Lucy Askew, a spokesperson for www.Hillarys.co.uk, said:
“Christmas is a wonderful time of year where presents are shared between loved ones. To think some of us may be stressed buying just one or two presents, whilst Santa has to make billions. Our research truly makes it easy to understand why Christmas is only once a year – we don’t think Santa could afford it if it happened more frequently!”