Blackout fabrics are really great for combatting those bright, early summer mornings so that everyone can get a good night’s sleep
Get a good nights' sleep with made-to-measure blackout curtains. They stop light from filtering into your room plus keep in the heat in colder weather so you can create a restful environment and save on your energy bills too.
What we say about blackout curtains
At a glance
- Blackout curtains have an extra thick blackout lining that significantly reduces the amount of light coming in
- A blackout lining can reduce the amount of heat lost through the curtain by up to 50% compared to a standard lining
- All our made-to-measure curtain fabrics are available with blackout linings
- For flexible light control, layer blackout curtains over sheer blinds
- A versatile, energy saving solution
- Everything taken care of for you
- Great for all budgets, with a range of styles to choose from
Things to consider
- Blackout curtain linings dramatically reduce the amount of sunlight coming in through your windows, but, like all blackout fabrics and linings, they do not block sunlight completely
- To create an extra dark environment, layer blackout curtains over blackout blinds
Blackout curtains gallery
Browse inspirational ideas for restful bedrooms, cosy living rooms and glare-free kitchens
Expertise you can measure
Why choose made to measure curtains from Hillarys
- Get the perfect look first time - our expert advisors take care of measuring and fitting
- We'll make your curtains with your choice of fabric, lining and header, for the look you want
- Your advisor will fit your blackout curtains, steaming them and tying them back to ensure the folds hang correctly
- We offer a range of poles and tracks to complement our curtains, which your advisor can fit for you
- Complete your look with matching tie backs and cushion covers in the same or coordinating fabric
- All of our curtains are hand finished by our steamstresses to ensure every detail is perfect
Satisfaction you can measure
“Best curtains ever”
We got whole house curtains and Roman blinds from hillarys. Advisor Chris(Gentle/117084) was really knowledgeable to help us to make decisions to choose from collection. He is Mr. Perfectionist. There was a colour shade difference in one of our blinds and he instantly made arrangements for the new one. We got blackout curtains in our bedrooms and he was brilliant to made all the adjustments in order to block most of light. I would definitely recommend him.
“A tip top service from start to finish”
A tip top service from start to finish, with special shout out to the agent who dealt with everything so professionally, from bringing the samples, measuring and advising., to dressing the windows with our beautiful new curtains. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Hillary’s Blinds and Curtains .
“This was our first time for buying Curtains from Hillarys”
This was our first time for buying curtains and having them fitted from Hillarys, excellent service through out, Craig Whittle came and measured our windows and gave us some good advice. Craig then returned to fit them in a most professional way. we are very pleased with our new curtains and we would certainly recommend Hillarys.
Value you can measure
Quality products, designed to last
Everything is fully guaranteed and rigorously tested
Advice from the experts
Expert in-home service included
Styles to suit your budget
Your advisor will work with you to find the right product at the right priceRequest an appointment See how it works
What to do next?
1. Book an in-home free appointment
Choose a time that suits you, including evenings and weekends.
2. Get expert advice
Your local advisor will bring all our samples to your appointment. They'll measure your windows and leave you with a quote for all your favourite looks.
3. Professional fitting included
Once your order is ready, your advisor will take care of fitting-at a time that suits you-so you can expect a perfect finish.