Thermal lined curtains have an additional sateen twill layer that reduces heat loss through your windows, keeping the room warm.
Our stylish range of made-to-measure thermal curtains offer solutions to help keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Pick a thermal lining to create a warm and cosy feel and save on fuel bills.
What we say about thermal curtains
- Any style and budget
- Creating a cosy, insulating layer thanks to the extra thick twill lining of thermal curtains
- Customising colours and finishes
- Saving on your energy bills by reducing heat loss by up to 30% above a standard polyester cotton lining
- Saving money on your energy bills
- Layering over blackout blinds to create a cosy environment and reduce the amount of light coming in
Things to consider
- Pair thermal linings with naturally thicker curtain fabrics, such as velvet, to improve the thermal qualities of your curtains even further
- Because thermal linings are extra-thick, your made-to-measure curtains will have a fuller look
Browse thermal curtains gallery
Browse a selection of supremely snug and stylish thermal curtains
Matt and Daniela
“We are both really busy, so having a curtains advisor come out at a time that suits us was really convenient and useful”.Find out more
"We wanted a chic and modern look, so chose to layer the window with curtains to give it some cosiness and comfort"Find out more
Satisfaction you can measure
“Chose Hillary's for our curtains and…”
Chose Hillarys for our curtains and they didn't disappoint. Very professional service, good choice of fabrics and prices. They were ready quickly and were hung for me too. I am delighted with them and the service I received.
“Good product and great service”
Very happy with my purchase, curtains were made quickly and good communication with the Customer Service team and the fitter was charming and all at a good price - what more do you need?
“The process was so easy”
The process was so easy. Our gentleman did not pressure us at all. The price was amazing and the finished product completes our lounge.
Expertise you can measure
Why choose made to measure curtains from Hillarys
- Get the perfect look first time - our expert advisors take care of measuring and fitting
- We'll make your curtains with your choice of fabric, lining and header, for the look you want
- Your advisor will fit your curtains, steaming them and tying them back to ensure the folds hang correctly
- We offer a range of poles and tracks to complement our curtains, which your advisor can fit for you
- Complete your look with matching tie backs and cushion covers in the same or coordinating fabric
- All of our curtains are hand finished by our steamstresses to ensure every detail is perfect
Value you can measure
Quality products, designed to last
Everything is fully guaranteed and rigorously tested
Expert in-home service included
We take care of measuring and fitting, for a perfect fit the first time
Styles to suit your budget
Your advisor will work with you to find the right product at the right priceRequest an appointment See how it works
What to do next?
1. Book an in-home free appointment
Choose a time that suits you, including evenings and weekends.
2. Get expert advice
Your local advisor will bring all our samples to your appointment. They'll measure your windows and leave you with a quote for all your favourite looks.
3. Professional fitting included
Once your order is ready, your advisor will take care of fitting-at a time that suits you-so you can expect a perfect finish.