Hillarys Environmental Statement
We’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment and creating change within our business to help us work more sustainably. As the UK’s biggest manufacturer and supplier of made-to-measure blinds, curtains and shutters, we aim to reduce what we use, reuse where possible and recycle what we can’t reuse.
• We‘re actively reducing our plastic consumption across the company
• New ways of working in our production areas mean we have reduced off-cuts and wastage
• Where we can, we minimise wastage in production and reuse waste materials, and dispose of what we can’t responsibly
• We have links with local charities and groups who repurpose material we can no longer use
• 99% of our waste at Head Office is either recycled or reclaimed
• Items which aren’t traditionally recyclable are made into solid-recovered and refuse-derived fuel and used in community heating initiatives and to fire cement kilns
We’re working with our advisors, fitters and suppliers to make tangible changes to help reduce our impact on the environment.