Somfy Switch FAQ's
Please see below our FAQ's for the Somfy Switch smart hub
Same product, same service. We'll match the price.
Somfy Tahoma Switch FAQ's
- What will the Smart Hub allow me to do?
Your Hub allows you to control your blinds from anywhere in the world as long the Wi-Fi in your home is connected and the Hub is enabled. You can set up timers and scenes to control different Smart home devices.
- What is TaHoma®?
TaHoma® is a solution that lets you control connected equipment in your home. It is a companion which helps you manage your connected equipment every day (lighting, doors and windows, alarm, heating, etc.) that you can control from home or on the move, using your mobile devices or your computer.
- Why doesn’t Hillarys offer an installation service for the Smart Hub?
Hillarys will install and programme the blinds to work with the remote control only. The Smart Hub requires you to set-up an online account using an email address and password. In line with privacy policies, your personal details and mobile device should not be shared with other individuals.
- How long will the smart hub take to set up?
As long as you have the Wi-Fi password and mobile phone, it should not take longer than 20 minutes to set up the app and connect the Hub. Each blind should not take longer than 5 minutes to set-up.
- Is my data safe with TaHoma® switch?
Yes it is. TaHoma® switch has been verified for UL’s Gold IoT Security Rating. This means that TaHoma® switch and TaHoma® app cover many cybersecurity requirements such as secure updates and connections and stored and transmitted data security.
- How do other occupants in the house use the app?
All users will need to download the app and log-in with the same account details used for the set-up process. Only 8 people can use the same account.
- Do I need a remote if I plan to use a mobile and the Somfy Hub?
Yes, a remote is required to program the Hub. You’ll also need a remote as a backup in case you experience internet connection issues.
- What do I need to make my blinds operate with a mobile or voice controls?
You will need a purchase a Somfy Hub along with your Somfy electric blinds. You will need a strong internet connection across the house.
Please ensure you have the following before purchasing a Hub:
- WiFi Ethernet socket available to connect the Hub cables
- Email address
- Android or iOS device (download app)
- Android 5. iOS 12 (iPhones 5s, 6, 6S, SE (version 2016), 7, 8, X, Xs, 11, SE (version 2020) and later). iPad iOS 10.
- I’ve set timers but they are not operating the blinds
Open the app and go to the timers screen. Make sure the switch in the centre of the screen is green.
If this isn’t green, click it to activate.
- If I have previously purchased electric blinds from Hillarys, can I make them ‘smart’ using a mobile or voice activation?
Hillarys sell a range of different products that have an electric option, but only the Somfy electric blinds can be sold with a Hub.
The Somfy Hub is an accessory which allows the blinds to connect to a mobile or voice activation.
- What is the maximum number of connected products?
- 200 pcs (total, all technologies)
- io-homecontrol: 200 pcs
- RTS: 50 pcs
- Zigbee: 50 pcs
- Sensors / alarm sensors (Somfy): 50 pcs
- Cameras: 5 pcs
- Maximum number of scenes: 40 x Manual Scenes / 20 x Scheduled Scenes / 20 x Advanced Scenes
- Philips Hue: 1 Bridge (gateway) 50 Hue products
- Are Hillarys electric blinds compatible with Alexa and other voice assistants?
Both Google Home and Alexa are compatible with a Somfy hub.
- Are Hillarys electric blinds compatible with Apple home kit?
Unfortunately, our electric blinds are not compatible with Apple home kit at this time.
- My voice assistant is not operating my blinds
Check that your device has an internet connection by asking the below commands:
- Google Home –'Hey Google, are you connected to the internet?'
- Alexa – 'Alexa, how are you feeling?'
If you don’t have an internet connection Alexa should answer with ‘I’m having trouble understanding right now’ and the light ring will turn red.
If your device is not connected to the internet it’s likely your internet is down, so contact your internet provider.
If your device is connected to the internet, make sure you’re using the correct command to operate the blinds. Test this, by seeing if you can open all blinds in a single room by stating the relevant command:
- 'Hey Google, open the kitchen.'
- 'Alex, open the living room.'
Advice about the Somfy app
- My blinds are no longer operating via the app
You need to check that the Somfy Hub is online by looking at the small LED on the left-hand side of the smart hub.
Each LED light indicates a different situation:
- Red LED – issue with the internet connection. Reboot the Somfy Hub by turning it off then back on. If this doesn’t help, contact your internet provider
- Green LED – the system is online. Check your device is connected to the internet and try again.
- Amber LED – system update is in progress. Wait 10 minutes then try again. A message will be displayed in the app if an update is taking place
- What happens to my personal information?
Your personal information is protected by EU legislation. Your details will never be disclosed to third parties without your approval first.
- Do you offer a guarantee on my Hub?
Yes, we offer a full 12 month warranty which covers repairs or replacements to any faulty blinds.